Type: In Office
Office: Caracas, Venezuela
SmartHop is an AI-powered dispatcher that helps truckers plan, search, and book loads. We can analyze and compare thousands of loads in a matter of minutes to get the right loads for each truck. By automating the decision-making process, we help truckers deploy a strategy that will increase revenues while reducing costs.
Our technology also has the capability of analyzing the internal capacity of each truck and maximize their usage by merging two trips into one transforming each truck into a moving consolidating warehouse; fewer miles, fewer emissions, fewer tires, we all get a happier planet!
- Founded: 2006.
- Headquarters: Miami, FL.
- Co-Founder & CEO, Guillermo (founded and led a logistics enterprise with 400+ employees).
- Co-Founder & CTO, Miguel (founded and led a software development company with global award-winning solutions).
- Co-Founder & COO, Joaquin (serial entrepreneur, founded and led various digital startups).
- Pre-Seed raised and closed August 2018.
- Blackbox.vc. Members of their global ambassadors’ team.
- 100+ Accelerator. Corporate accelerator of AB-Inbev.
- Dynamo.vc Founders Camp 2018.
This is not an ordinary transportation company with ordinary job posts. We are the perfect blend of Technology and Logistics. We are adding a new layer of innovation to the long-needed transportation industry and changing the way transportation is done.
We are a young startup looking for dynamic individuals eager to take on the challenge of transforming the growing and thriving logistics industry. The goal is to design and implement cutting edge software tools for our clients and internal operations.
Reports to COO
We're looking for passionate, talented and customer-centric mindset professionals to help build industry-leading technologies aiming to transforms the Trucking Industry. There is an enormous opportunity in front of us, so joining now gives a career chance to grow and succeed.
Your primary role will be to assist the live operations of our Dispatching Service with the searching, planning and booking loads for all Carriers. Analyzing data and giving feedback on the results of our platform to the Development and Data team.
This person will be responsible for the back-office paperwork of a set of Carriers including Broker Setups, Rate Confirmations, Proof of Deliveries, and Invoicing, and support business needs.
- Manage the paperwork associated with every load booking: rate negotiations, verifying freight rates, broker setups, rate confirmation validation and deliveries, PODs, etc.
- Verify that load statuses are being updated for every step of the process. If not updated directly by Drivers, do the update manually inside the SmartHop platform.
- Keep a log of every trip made by our Carrier clients inside the SmartHop platform and any backup system used.
- Verify the information inside the SmartHop platform (Rates, Dates, Times, Comments, etc.)
- Help with truck routing and mileage usage to ensure the most economical path is being utilized.
- Interact with customers, vendors and internal employees concerning freight rate verification and service level expectations.
- Communicate regularly with our Carrier clients to build strong working relationships and generate feedback on the service provided.
- Help train the SmartHop algorithm by analyzing the results and suggestions of the platform.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- At least 2 years working in Logistics and Operations.
- Data analysis skills.
- Highly motivated and results driven.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results.