Machine Learning Engineer
Type: Remote / In Office
Office: Miami, USA
SmartHop is an AI-powered dispatcher that helps truckers plan, search, and book loads. We can analyze and compare thousands of loads in a matter of minutes to get the right loads for each truck. By automating the decision-making process, we help truckers deploy a strategy that will increase revenues while reducing costs.
Our technology also has the capability of analyzing the internal capacity of each truck and maximize their usage by merging two trips into one transforming each truck into a moving consolidating warehouse; fewer miles, fewer emissions, fewer tires, we all get a happier planet!
- Founded: 2006.
- Headquarters: Miami, FL.
- Co-Founder & CEO, Guillermo (founded and led a logistics enterprise with 400+ employees).
- Co-Founder & CTO, Miguel (founded and led a software development company with global award-winning solutions).
- Co-Founder & COO, Joaquin (serial entrepreneur, founded and led various digital startups).
- Pre-Seed raised and closed August 2018.
- Blackbox.vc. Members of their global ambassadors’ team.
- 100+ Accelerator. Corporate accelerator of AB-Inbev.
- Dynamo.vc Founders Camp 2018.
This is not an ordinary transportation company with ordinary job posts. We are the perfect blend of Technology and Logistics. We are adding a new layer of innovation to the long-needed transportation industry and changing the way transportation is done.
We are a young startup looking for dynamic individuals eager to take on the challenge of transforming the growing and thriving logistics industry. The goal is to design and implement cutting edge software tools for our clients and internal operations.
Reports to CTO
We're looking for a passionate, talented and innovative Machine Learning Sr Engineer with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading technologies aiming to make a true impact in the industry. Our engineers not only are motivated to researching new solutions but owning the problem end to end. There is an enormous opportunity in front of us, so joining now gives a career chance to grow and succeed.
The Engineer who joins our technology team will ideally have at least 4+ years of experience in the field and be able to hit the ground running. As part of our AI team, you will work alongside recognized experts to develop algorithms and modeling techniques.
This person will be responsible for setting the roadmap, goals, and objectives for all ML initiatives and developments aligning efforts to achieve state of the art technology and support business needs.
- Data extraction and management (API integrations).
- Data modeling (Feature Extraction, PCA, Filtering).
- Design and implement ML algorithms.
- Compare model performance and tune parameters.
- Implement cloud based machine learning wrapping components.
- Deliver software components and requirements on time.
- Consider non-functional requirements such as security, border cases and scalability.
- Maintain Test and debug code practices.
- Maintain source control process.
- Deploy in development and production environments.
- Analyze systems performance, security and stability.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related.
- At least 2 years working with Machine Learning tools.
- Engineer level Math and Statistics knowledge.
- At least 4 years Python.
- TensorFlow, Keras, Numpy.
- Large scale data management experience.
- Git code management and deployment.
- Google Cloud components management.
- Must be familiar with Agile methodology.
- Highly motivated and results driven.
- Ability to read and understand Machine Learning research papers.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results.
- Quality and elegant coding skills.
- Must speak good technical English.