Full Stack Engineer
Type: Remote / In Office
Office: Caracas, Venezuela
SmartHop is an AI-powered dispatcher that helps truckers plan, search, and book loads. We can analyze and compare thousands of loads in a matter of minutes to get the right loads for each truck. By automating the decision-making process, we help truckers deploy a strategy that will increase revenues while reducing costs.
Our technology also has the capability of analyzing the internal capacity of each truck and maximize their usage by merging two trips into one transforming each truck into a moving consolidating warehouse; fewer miles, fewer emissions, fewer tires, we all get a happier planet!
- Founded: 2006.
- Headquarters: Miami, FL.
- Co-Founder & CEO, Guillermo (founded and led a logistics enterprise with 400+ employees).
- Co-Founder & CTO, Miguel (founded and led a software development company with global award-winning solutions).
- Co-Founder & COO, Joaquin (serial entrepreneur, founded and led various digital startups).
- Pre-Seed raised and closed August 2018.
- Blackbox.vc. Members of their global ambassadors’ team.
- 100+ Accelerator. Corporate accelerator of AB-Inbev.
- Dynamo.vc Founders Camp 2018.
This is not an ordinary transportation company with ordinary job posts. We are the perfect blend of Technology and Logistics. We are adding a new layer of innovation to the long-needed transportation industry and changing the way transportation is done.
We are a young startup looking for dynamic individuals eager to take on the challenge of transforming the growing and thriving logistics industry. The goal is to design and implement cutting edge software tools for our clients and internal operations.
Reports to CTO
We're looking for a passionate, talented and innovative Full Stack Engineer with a strong web application development background to help build industry-leading technologies aiming to make a true impact in the industry. Our engineers not only are motivated to researching new solutions but owning the problem end to end. There is an enormous opportunity in front of us, so joining now gives a career chance to grow and succeed.
The Engineer who joins our technology team will ideally have at least 4+ years of experience in the field and be able to hit the ground running. As part of our web development team, you will work alongside recognized experts to develop real time web applications that deliver true value to our customers.
This person will be responsible for setting the roadmap, goals, and objectives for all our customer product needs, using latest technology in web interfaces, real-time communication, distributed systems and large scale database engines.
- Implement cloud based software components and user / system interfaces.
- Develop software components and requirements on time.
- Design software architecture and algorithms.
- Consider non-functional requirements such as security, border cases and scalability.
- Test and debug code.
- Maintain source control process.
- Deploy in development and production environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related.
- At least 2 years of working experience in software development.
- Two years of experience working with Ruby on Rails.
- MySql and MongoDB Database.
- Git code management and deployment.
- Server side components management.
- Must be familiar with Agile methodology.
- Highly motivated and results driven.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results.
- Quality and elegant coding skills.
- Must speak good technical English.
- Realtime Web Application development is a plus.
- UX/UI design is a plus.